Child Safe Policy
I want children and young people who participate in my programs to have a safe and happy experience. I support and respect children, young people, staff, volunteers and students. The policy outlined below defines my commitments and practices in child-related work, and is followed by my other collaborators who I engage in performances, lessons and workshops with children.
Kathryn Roberts Parker (programme leader)
This policy guides staff, volunteers and students on how to behave with kids. The policy focuses on how Kathryn Roberts Parker and her collaborators will promote kids’ participation and make it safer for them.
supporting kids’ participation
Kathryn supports the active participation of kids in all lessons, performances and educational programs. Kathryn is dedicated to listening to kids' views, respectingwhat they say and involve them when we make decisions, especially about matters that will directly affect them.
Support Staff, Volunteers and Students
1. We promote respect, fairness and consideration for all staff, volunteers and students.
2. All staff, volunteers and students have a more senior officer assigned to support and supervise their work.
3. All new staff, volunteers and students will receive a copy of the Child-safe Policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process.
1. Statement - Kathryn will maintain a rigorous and consistent recruitment, screening and selection process.
2. Practice - I will achieve this standard using interviews, references, and the Working With Children Check.
1. All complaints will be sent to Kathryn directly. Kathryn has an obligation to report matters of abuse/neglect to the Police in the jurisdiction area. In the event that a lesson or performance has occurred in a school or theatre venue, Kathryn will report the complaint to the appropriate officer of the overriding organisation.
2. Kathryn Roberts Parker is the Child Safety Contact Person to manage all complaints.
1. Kathryn will hold regular information sessions for staff, volunteers and students.
2. This policy will be discussed during induction sessions for all new staff, volunteers and students.
3. Kids and parents joining our program/s will receive a copy of the Policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process.
4. Parents will receive a copy of the Parent's Guide to Child Protection Issues.
The policy and guidelines will be reviewed every two years and incorporate comments and suggestions from children and young people, parents, staff, volunteers and students. The next review date is: February 2021.